REMEMEBER: Please bring a wrapped classical book for our Christmas party gift exchange on Wednesday. Have a wonderfully blessed Christmas! I love and appreciate you all.
Anything in magenta is optional
BLOG KEY
BIBLE/VIRTUES: This month, we'll be focusing on the virtue of joy.
MATH:
- Work toward mastery of division facts
- Multiply a decimal by 10s, 100s, or 1000s
- Review previously taught concepts
Here are the instructions for administering facts practice sheets:
1. Set a timer for five minutes. Have your child complete as many facts on the page as possible before the timer goes off.
2. When the five minutes is up, if your child has not finished, please mark the place where he/she left off, and then have the student finish the sheet.
3. Parents, please use the key sent home in binders to check your child's work. (Save these to use for grading all future facts pages.) Have the student make any corrections.
3. Turn the sheet in as homework on the next school day. I will take it as a homework completion grade. (100 if they complete it; 0 if they didn't complete it or don't turn it in)
FP-D (or FP-B or FP-C NOTE): If your student has mastered addition, subtraction, and multiplication facts, he or she may move on to division facts. If the student is still struggling to complete at least 95 percent of the subtraction and/or multiplication facts consistently within five minutes, he or she should continue working on those operations until until mastery is achieved.
- Assess mastery of words containing the sound of /Ål/ spelled AL.
- Know the components of a pattern 3 sentence: SNV-tIODO.
- Classify, label, and diagram a pattern 3 sentence.
- Know that there are three different pronoun cases: subjective, objective, and possessive, and understand when to use which pronouns.
- Learn four new vocabulary words and be able to properly incorporate them into writing.
- Classify, label, and diagram a pattern 3 sentence.
- Summarize a passage through oral narration.
- Identify virtues--as well as elements of truth, beauty, and goodness--in reading passages.
- Engage in meaningful Socratic dialogue.
- Improve reading comprehension.
- Identify author's purpose in books.
- Learn ten new vocabulary words and a new chapter maxim.
- Understand the imperfect tense.
- Know that all nouns have case, number, and gender and that all verbs have person, number, and tense.
- Know that George Washington was the first president of the United States and was unanimously elected to his position.
- Be familiar with some of the character traits that made George Washington a good leader: integrity, diligence, humility, and wisdom.
- Know that John Adams was the first vice president and second president of the USA.
- Know that Thomas Jefferson was the second vice president and third president of the USA.
- Assess mastery of concepts related to the circulatory and cardiovascular systems.
- Identify key facts in a non-fiction reading passage.
- Know the basic functions and components of the nervous system.
- Develop a heart of compassion for the peoples of the world who don't yet know Christ.
- Memorize of the names and locations of the countries in South America.
Psalm 139:1-18
For
the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1
You have searched me, LORD, and you know me.
2
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4
Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely.
5
You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
6
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
7
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you
are there.
9
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
11
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around
me,”
12
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the
night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
13
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your
works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,
when
I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all
the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to
be.
17
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
18
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when
I awake, I am still with you.