REMINDER: Field Trip Permission Forms Must be turned in by Monday, March 7 in order for your child to participate.
Anything in magenta is optional.
Anything in blue should be turned in as homework on the next campus day.
MONDAY/WEDNESDAY:
TUESDAY/THURSDAY
BLOG KEY:
General:
Writing:
IEW- Institute for Excellence in Writing
KWO - Key word outline
BIBLE/VIRTUES: Our classroom virtue this month is perseverance. Jesus himself warned us that in this life, we would have many troubles. He knew that we would face heartache, grief, and pain throughout our time on earth. He also knew that many of his followers would face doubt, fear, and persecution, and so we are often reminded in scripture to persevere through all of the hardships life throws at us. School is an excellent arena for training in perseverance, as we are so often tempted to give up when things become difficult or tiring. The schoolwide virtue is patience, which is always a great one for us to revisit. These two virtues go hand-in-hand. We are called to be patient as we wait for the rewards of our perseverance to come to fruition.
MATH:
- Improve speed and recall of math facts.
- Know that the interior angles of a quadrilateral add up to 360 degrees.
- Find missing angles of quadrilaterals.
- Construct triangles and quadrilaterals.
- Pactice concepts related to angles, triangles, and quadrilaterals.
- Assess mastery of words with the sound of /Äbl/ spelled ABLE.
- Analyze the two ways to spell words that end with the sound of /Äbl/.
- Classify, label, and diagram mixed-pattern sentences.
- Know the parts of a non-fiction book.
- Use indices, tables of contents, and other parts of a non-fiction book to locate information.
- Be familiar with the main parts of a library.
- Summarize a passage through oral narration.
- Identify virtues, as well as elements of truth, beauty and goodness, in reading passages.
- Improve reading comprehension.
- Use context clues and knowledge of root words to deduce the meanings of unfamiliar vocabulary words.
- Expand vocabulary.
- Assess mastery of perviously learned vocab words.
- Learn ten new vocabulary words and a new maxim.
- Memorized the future tense of SUM (ero, eris, erit).
- Understand some of the reasons for Westward Expansion in the United States.
- Know what the God Rush was.
- Identify key facts in a non-fiction reading passage.
- Improve note-taking skills.
- Know the difference between innate and acquired immunity.
- Understand how vaccines work.
- Develop a heart of compassion for the peoples of the world who don't yet know Christ.
- Memorize the names and locations of the states and capitals of the USA.
Psalm 139:1-18
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 You have searched me, LORD, and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.